The Full Story of the Grandmother Who Killed Her Son-In-Law

Cynthia Cdebaca

Cynthia Cdebaca told investigators at her trial that Eustaquio had subjected her and her family to physical and verbal abuse over 13 years, including physically assaulting them physically and verbally and even spraying water onto them when they misbehaved.

In a fit of anger, she grabbed a.38-calibre five-shot revolver and shot her ex-partner ten times with it. Afterwards, she tossed it out, went to Denny’s for breakfast and gambled at a casino.

How She Got Started

Cynthia Cdebaca quickly celebrated her son-in-law Geoward Eustaquio’s murder after it occurred, prompting a public reaction and media attention – including being featured on Investigation Discovery’s show ‘Signs of a Psychopath: Family Dies’.

After shooting her son-in-law, Cynthia Cdebaca reloaded and fired five additional rounds from a pistol at him. Cdebaca was later charged with murder and sentenced to life imprisonment.

On February 11, 2014, Cdebaca shot her son-in-law after an argument in Fallbrook, California over comments he made about her clothing. Cdebaca told investigators she planned the killing days or weeks ahead; purchasing and reloading Eustaquio’s gun five years prior; alleging abuse to both daughter and grandchildren during that time and showing no remorse throughout trial proceedings.

Why She Did It

Cynthia Cdebaca’s conviction in the shooting death of Geoward Eustaquio provoked widespread public outrage and discussion regarding family conflict, elder abuse and the justice system’s role. Furthermore, her story was highlighted on Investigation Discovery’s series ‘Signs of a Psychopath: Family Dies”.

Eustaquio was last seen alone at his Fallbrook home preparing to take his daughter to a spelling bee competition when he was killed. According to Cdebaca’s testimony before investigators, she and her family had suffered 13 years of physical abuse at Eustaquio’s hands.

Prosecutors maintained that Cdebaca planned her murder months or weeks in advance and did not act out of anger, thus leading the jury to convict her of first-degree murder rather than voluntary manslaughter. Cdebaca will serve 50 years to life at Central California Women’s Facility in Chowchilla before parole eligibility begins in 2039. Cynthia Cdebaca’s case stands as a stark reminder to seek help when confronted by abusive situations and fight for justice when necessary.

How She Did It

On February 11th 2014, Cynthia Cdebaca woke up planning two things: her 63rd birthday celebration and attending her granddaughter’s spelling bee competition. Unfortunately, an argument between herself and her son-in-law resulted in his brutal murder.

Eustaquio was shot multiple times inside their Fallbrook, California, home – a town known for its avocado orchards -, where Cdebaca later confessed that she began firing upon Eustaquio after he began hitting her and their children, continuing her firing until her gun ran dry.

At her trial, prosecutors presented jurors with videotape of Cdebaca rejoicing over her son-in-law’s death in a police interview and showing no remorse for her actions. Cdebaca was eventually found guilty of first-degree murder and is serving 50 years to life in prison for this act of violence against another family. Her case has drawn attention to domestic abuse issues within families that threaten tragedy as well as raised questions regarding how justice systems treat cases related to domestic abuse and violence cases within families themselves.

What Happened Afterward

Cynthia Cdebaca’s case provoked widespread outrage, drawing widespread sympathy due to alleged emotional abuse she endured; yet many were shocked at her cold-blooded killing, showing no remorse whatsoever and even asserting she would repeat her crime again if given another opportunity.

Prosecutors presented a video at her trial that demonstrated Cdebaca was planning the murder of Geoward Eustaquio for weeks prior to his death. They informed jurors that she purchased a gun on February 11, 2014, then shot G.E. several times at his Fallbrook, California residence before collecting her bullets from her car, putting them back into her gun, reloading and firing again, then disposing of empty casings – leaving no room for doubt of her guilt; further evidence was presented via surveillance footage of that incident that showed her firing at Eustaquio while simultaneously reloading her weapon – further cementing her guilt as evidence by which surveillance footage showed her firing at Eustaquio as she also reloaded her weapon after each shot while reloads her weapon a number of times before firing, showing both firebrand new.

Also Read: 

Everything About Tia Hernlen Daughter of Julie Hernlen?